Saturday 20 February 2010

RoSa Stiletto Platforms and Snowdrops -

Desperate to get out and about in my beautiful new RoSa ultra-high (almost six-inch) ultra-thin (like NEEDLES they are!) stiletto-heeled Platform Court Shoes, I have been despondently waiting for the weather to deliver an opportunity. This week we had the blessing of a day of pure blue skies and sunshine, appearing quite unexpectedly amongst bitterly cold wintry days of icy winds, and either grey drizzling rain or wet sleety snow.

Inspired by such unseasonaI brightness, I felt the urge to go and find signs of early Spring, and I planned a park visit, where I would be able to walk sedately along the pathways, occasionally resting on a bench to bask in the mild sun. Well, we found a most delightful place, with snowdrops and crocuses galore and birdsong filling the air. But rather than the smoothly paved paths I had imagined, I found myself negotiating rugged rocks, stone steps and soft grassland. Challenging terrain for a high-heeled platform-soled shoe. But I (and my RoSa shoes) rose to the challenge and survived heroically. As you can see from these photos:



And if you
watch the video (on the YouTube player at the bottom of this blog) you can listen to the sweet sounds of birdsong. Oh, and watch me teetering along on stones and grass in very high, thin heels and platforms.... ;)