Tuesday 2 June 2009

RoSa High Stiletto Heels Sink and Survive!


I recently wore my beautiful new Black Leather Cross-Strap RoSa Sandals, with as-near-as-damn-it five-inch heels to a friend's wedding. Despite the fact it was in a village Church, and the Reception in a garden marquee (on a farm), not once did I stop and think - "Sarah, there are likely to be uneven, poorly-made or bumpy and grassy paths and tracks, and any number of farmyard obstacles - are these shoes the best choice?"

This is either because a) I am intrepid or b) I am incredibly vain.

Either way, if you know me from my previous
MySpace blog, you will know I am not one to shirk a little effort in the looking good stakes.

So I buckled myself into my shoes and off I went.


I teetered my way down the 1 in 3 gradient car park and climbed the impossibly narrow stone steps up to the Church (carefully turning my feet to prevent my incredibly long pointed toes from catching).


So far so good. After the wedding, we were invited to walk across the lush meadow that was the Churchyard for the wedding group photos. I bravely continued my high-heeled quest by keeping my weight forward and "tiptoeing" across the grass.



Admittedly, whilst waiting to be called into the photo group, I did succumb to a wee rest on a bench. Not because my feet were hurting you understand - purely to give my calves a little break from the balletic exercise they were getting.



Then came the moment when I was called to join the group for the photo. My position (behind some rather tall people) did not faze me - I was after all wearing my very high RoSa Shoes. I balanced myself perfectly to prevent myself from tipping backwards on the uneven grass.

I waited while the photographer arranged and re-arranged the group several times. It was at this point that my balance finally wavered and I felt my heels slowly sinking deep into the grass. In my panic I grabbed the arm of the unknown (and rather surprised) gentleman next to me. And then "snap". No, NOT my heels breaking (they don't -they're titanium steel!) - the camera.
So, can you see me in the photo?


No? Well, never mind. I had a wonderful time - felt fantastic in my High Heel RoSa Sandals and I wouldn't have worn anything else.