Monday 8 March 2010

RoSa Shoes - Teetering into Twenty Ten


I always enjoy wearing my RoSa Shoes from the "Classic Stiletto" range. Last week I teamed my Buckle Monks with narrow-leg leathery jeans, and felt pretty damn cool -


But my outing was tinged with sadness. We recently received news from Italy that the heel for this range can no longer be made, as the production equipment has become unusable.

Firstly, let me reassure you there is no need for panic about the future! RoSa Shoes itself continues to move forever onwards and upwards. We will be moving several existing designs over to our equally slender and beautiful High Stiletto Heel. We have already introduced a new range of shoes which use a platform sole and an even higher heel, and further exciting new developments are being planned as we speak.

But there will be no more of our lower "Classic Stiletto" shoes or boots after the current stock has been sold. Once they're gone, they're gone.

This is particularly poignant for us, as it was the discovery of this very thin, curvaceous, metal-stemmed 10 cm heel, directly influenced by and made in much the same way as, the slender stiletto heels of the 1960s, which led to the birth of RoSa Shoes. The finding of such an authentic stiletto heel inspired us, in 2006, to create a range of shoes based on the iconic styling of those original stilettos and, together with our extended pointed toe, it helped establish our first RoSa designs as arguably the most spectacular pointed stiletto shoes for over 40 years.

Okay, so apart from the heel, my Buckle Monk shoes may be more reminiscent of a man's 1960's "winklepicker" style, rather than a woman's stiletto style of that era, but of course that's part of what I love so much about them. They're truly unique.


Now production of this heel has ceased, will these shoes become collectable - like the original 60s designs they were inspired by? Time will tell. But perhaps I should stop clambering around on rocks in them and exposing that precious soft Italian calf leather to the salty seaside air ;) I must be more sensible. I must be more sensible. I must be more sensible.